Tuesday 26 June 2012

Kane Oh - ID Closed Shop But Job Undone

Be very discerning when looking for an ID (interior designer) for home renovation, do your due diligence in researching the background of the person you are going to engaged.

Walk away... no, run, if you come across:

Kane Oh Cheng Han from Space Molecules Pte Ltd
1 Jalan Anak Bukit, Bukit Timah Plaza #02-17
Singapore 588996
Tel: 9180 1031 / 6466 5192
Fax: 6466 6145
Email :  kanejoh@spacemolecules.com.sg

or

Jordan Oh from Cup Living Pte Ltd at Siglap Road

According to forummers at  Renotalk Forum, the above are actually the same person who was reported scamming people of their hard-earned money. The shop at Bukit Timah Plaza was closed. Subsequently, Kane Oh changed his name to Jordan Oh and set up another company, Cup Living Pte Ltd, at Siglap Road under the name of his sister-in-law.

Here's a genuine story from one of the victims, by the moniker of angrybirds, relating her bad experience with Kane Oh.


Hi all, 
I am looking for VICTIMS who had got their money cheated by this ID called Kane Oh (Oh Cheng Han) from Space Molecules Pte Ltd. 
Engaged him as my renovation contractor and he took my money without finishing the job and I had to engage another reno firm to finish up his ****. Time frame given to him is 2-2.5 mths to finish up my reno when we sign contract with him but he cannot finish up his job as promised. Given him so much time TO FINISH MY RENO and I SHIFTED INTO AN EMPTY HOUSE WITHOUT TOILET AND BEDROOM DOOR. And my whole family got to suffered all this ****. Even after we shifted in for nearly 2 mths, the carpentry works still not yet finished up and he just left without informing us.  
Total quote is $46 500. He collected 95% of it which is about $44 000 and he left half way thru when the carpentry work is not yet finished up.  
Anyway his service really sucks during my renovation, he is a ONE MAN SHOP company and is registered under his wife's name. During the reno, he didn't even come and visit the reno and it's a very difficult task to GET him cos he don't answer his phone always says his phone spoilt. Bull**** I would say. I went to see my reno everyday and his sub con were also not informed properly about what colour tiles is for which room and also painters do not know what colour to paint for my house. Fortunately, I was there and I managed to inform them what to do. Really vomit blood. And the best thing is that he will really make your temper and patience up to the MAX. A FEW TIMES BECAUSE OF HIM I ENDED QUARRELLING WITH MY HUSBAND.  
I went to lawyer, CASE and even small claims and I got to know from one of his sub contractor that he had closed his shop at Bt Timah Plaza. 
One of his victim managed to get my contact from one of the sub con and call me and a police report had been filed. If anyone know friends who is a victims, kindly PM me so as to make the police report stronger so that Police will look thru this CHEATING CASE.
Really appreciate his sub cons help cos they really provide me with some informations about this cheater recently.
 
He is going to cheat again cos he is setting up another company at SIGLAP registered under his sis in law name. 
Really hope for those who is renovating their house, beware of this cheater. Don't get cheated and always remember to engage a LICENSED contractors under HDB.
For the rest of the unfinished job, I engaged a LICENSED contractor under HDB and service was GOOD and JOB was finished.
 
Now looking forward to my house warming, finally no more drilling noise at my house. Thank God. 
Hopefully no one will got cheated by him and someone who saw this post can help me pass the word around. 
Source: Id Closed His Shop And Job Undone, Renotalk Forum


Apparently, this is not an isolated case. If you go to the forum thread, you can see that there are more victims who trusted Kane Oh with large sum of money yet ended up with a big mess in their home.

Finally, here's a piece of friendly personal advice from angrybirds:

Look for licensed renovation company with HDB at least those licensed company dare not anyhow do your renovation because it's not easy to get the license with HDB. You can visit HDB website to view it.

Click on the buttons below to share this if you have friends who are actively looking for IDs for home renovation. 

6 comments:

  1. I think this blog is a great idea, and I've bookmarked this site for the purpose of directing other victims of scams to expose the cheats here.

    The person who marked this review as "not useful" has to be Kane Oh aka Jordan Oh the Cheat himself, lol.

    Cheers, Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for creating this blog. You should get his picture, and we can go viral with this. The picture added will be a helpful to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/cheaters.jpg/][IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8946/cheaters.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

    Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cheng Han has changed his English name Aldon oh.
    He now has a new company called Affluent Theme.
    Hope this info helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I was scam by this ALdon now for my new condo reno, do you have more info?

      Delete